Thursday, December 18, 2008

Olivia's dress.


I am obsessive. Not a problem usually as I have learned to live (and love) my own skin. A couple of nights ago I began working on Olivia's dress...a surprise Christmas dress that matched my granddaughter's dress. I was worried it might be scratchy so I lined the bodice. I haven't lined anything like that since 1970 something. But it turned out ok. I worked on it til 1:30am and finally finished it. Yesterday..I only wish I had a camera. When I surprised her with it she grinned a precious crooked little grin. She loved it. That was all I hoped for. So sweet. When I was out of earshot, Deb said she told her..."IT Has A BOW!!"

So, Thank you Olivia for being so real, so dear. Such a beautiful little girl inside and out. And thank you Deb and Randy (aka Brillo Man...geez Deb...) for sharing such a joy with the rest of us...such a blessing. This is what Christmas giving is all about for me. Thanks little Miss Olivia. Hugs....

2 comments:

Saija said...

what a wonderful gift!

i always treasured the gifts that were handmade - for me! ... and the gifts i made for others, well - they were made with love ...

the colour & bow are perfect ... and sounds like they were a hit! :o)

Dawna said...

thanks!! I am making jammies for everyone..not you Deb...(sticking our my tongue) I too, add lots of love and probably look a little weird sitting at my sewing machine with a silly grin on my face. I only wish I had more time. There were some doll clothes I would have loved to try and there is a cool pattern for a winter fleece coat that looks so toasty...maybe in January? Thanks for your comment..now I need to check out your blog.