Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pat and Terry's Chicken Wings

About twenty (has it really been that many? oh dear.) years ago while camping our family met Pat and Terry. What a nice couple. They went to a picnic the campground held and sat at our table. She brought some of the best chicken wings I have ever had..and I'm not a wing person at all. This couple was funny, gregarious, caring and sweet. We got along well right from the beginning, even our dogs liked each other.

There was only one teeny fly in the ointment. When we met my ex said, "We're so and so. (of course he used our names...you know what I mean) In response this big bear of a guy said, "and we're Pat and Terry. Nice to meet you." My kids(imagine 10 and 12 year olds) were already doing the Paaaat routine in their minds from SNL. (It goes something like this...what is Pat short for? Paaaat.) I gave them "the look" and they knocked it off. So nice to meet a couple with whom you "click". But the entire evening and for the week afterward, we kept looking for clues as to who is Pat and who is Terry.

How did they address each other?....Honey, dear. Did they have other friends we could have asked?...not really they weren't from around here and were only camping for the week. Finally I asked her, "Stupid question here, but are you Pat or Terry." She laughed til tears fell. And never answered me.

I guess it's just one of those things I'll never know. So here's her wing recipe. Either Pat's or Terry's.??? Whatever, she was a great cook and remembering this story still makes me giggle.

Blue Cheese Hot Wings
1 Tbsp vinegar
1/2 cup milk
mix and let sit.

2 chopped cloves garlic
1/4 cup Parsley
1 cup Mayo
1/4 cup blue cheese
2 Tbsp lemon juice
mix together.

In crockpot put 1 stick REAL butter (these aren't at all low fat..but then real butter is the BOSS)
1/4 to 1/2 large bottle Red Hot
and all other ingredients. Cook 1 hour or more. This can also sit overnight in the fridge and be reheated when ready to use.

Bake bag chicken wings til crispy. Pour sauce over wings and bake 15-20 minutes more at 350.
Enjoy.

Hugs..Dawna

No comments: