Saturday, October 11, 2008

Time to blog again.



This past year has been the hardest one I can remember in a long, long time. I have had to learn to live with chronic pain and loss of self identity. Without my Savior, I wouldn't have made it. Each time I think I can't handle this pain anymore, He brings someone new and meaningful into my life. A phone call, an email, sometimes just an assurance someone is praying for me. I have been so blessed by family and friends, even a new little dog. When I think of all the minute details God has handled perfectly in my life, I am in awe. How in the world could anyone deny His power and love? I couldn't. Many times I have asked, "How can you love me so much?" Many times the realization of how much leaves me in awe.




This blog is one of hope. One of cheer. In it, I plan to occasionally vent and hopefully hear from you about the important as well as the mundane things in life. Since the number of characters this site gives for an intro just doesn't cut it for me, I'll write this as an introductory blog.




I'm blissfully married to my mailman, Dave. We've been married 5 years and I am thankful for each moment. We do a lot of laughing together. The only yelling in my home is during a Steeler or Pirate's game. For that I am eternally grateful. I love a peaceful home. We have a little dog, Teddy, that we both spoil and make a fool of. He is a white Pekingese. Every night he and Dave (sometimes me) have ice cream together. Yet, every night we laugh as he gets brain freeze. I keep saying I'm going to nuke his ice cream, but haven't tried it yet. Like I said, we laugh here a lot. I am learning to be a housewife and not see it as a "just a housewife." It's a blessing to be home to fix him a good lunch every day and to be available for others most of the time. Doing for others helps me forget myself.




I have two grown children. Randy (31) is in the Air Force but will be moving home in November. I miss him horribly and hope he finds life outside of the military is what he is seeking. He's so smart and dear to me, I just cannot wait til he moves home. He has a beautiful little four year old daughter, Evelyn. She is a giggle-box and such a little wild thing. Sort of like grandma used to be... My daughter Melinda (29) is the spitting image of me twenty years ago. Except she is so self-assured. Such a beautiful young woman inside and out. She's a geriatric nurse and I have no doubt she is one of the best. Her husband Jim is more like a son than a son in law. He is funny and warm and takes such good care of her and my little grandson Nathan. I couldn't ask for a better "other" son. We've adopted him completely.




Nathan is five, almost six and thinks the world turns completely around him. Of course I had NOTHING to do with that perception. He was a born prematurely and in the beginning was so sick. Once when Dave and I visited him in NICU, I began to cry in the car on the way home. Working with medically fragile children, I knew his numbers weren't good, his lungs weren't responding. I feared permanent disabilities. I called mom, she called Sue at Crossroads and prayers started, then I phoned Dave's mom and she got them going from her end. When we got home we had a message waiting on the phone from Mindie. In the hour it took for us to drive home, Nathan had done a complete turn around. God. No other answer. I am not surprised, but I am ever thankful. Nathan is our miracle. He's an average little boy who is perfect in his grandma's eyes. Always. Our gift from The Father.




Mom and CR (my step father) live about 3 minutes away. If you ever try calling me and I'm not home, chances are that's where I am. Their home is probably the cutest, cleanest house I've ever seen. They are good stewards of what God has given them. There is a certain welcoming feeling the minute one walks through their door. Nothing fancy, everything nice. They are so dear to me. I hope I'm just like them at their age. Much loved and loving. Serving God and serving others. A full life.




Dave's parents live in Jamestown. His mom I consider one of my dearest friends. They both could write a book on how to be good inlaws. Such wonderful people. I am blessed. The only fault I can see is that they weren't in my life earlier. They are strong Christians and again, I am blessed.




Dave's oldest, Tiffany, lives in Greenville, but we don't see her often. His middle son lives with his mother in Sharon. Dave's youngest Joey, I know well because he visits us regularly and we al text each other through the week when he is gone. He is a nice boy. Well, he turned 18 a week ago so I guess he's a young man. But still nice. We have a nice relationship.


So, in closing, this is a very short overview of me. Not that it is so important, but hopefully if you choose to read this and travel with me, we can learn more about who God wants women to be. I used to think earning $45-$50 grand a year had merit. Not even close. I also used to think a new car and fantastic house mattered. Nope. Wrong again. But when I read His Word and He speaks directly to me, THAT matters. Again, it's all about relationships. The one I hold the most dear is the one between The Savior and me. Hang in there with me....let's take this journey together....I'll make the coffee...

3 comments:

Deb said...

Hooray! You're blogging again!!

I loved reading about your family - even though I know most all of them, it's precious to read your thoughts of them.

What a wonderful photo of you and your little princess! Evelyn is such a beautiful little girl.

I got a couple of great photos today at your party --will send them tomorrow. Right now it's off to work for me!

Enjoy your visit with Randy and Evelyn...it won't be long and they'll be here full-time!

Margie said...

so glad you are back! Was praying!

KayMac said...

Welcome back!!!