Tuesday, November 11, 2008

...the little things.

This morning I am thankful for the little things. This morning Dave took me to breakfast at the local Stone Arch restaurant. The french toast was just the right shade, the ham perfectly salty/sweet and the coffee deeply flavored and piping hot. It's an "up" day and for that I am thankful. I came home and wrote six emails to friends and relatives with my trust dog lying at my feet. Nathan was over this morning for his half hour with grandma and was as always, delightful. Is it cold out? You betcha. Is my house perfect? Not in this lifetime. Am I having a good hair day? I'm laughing at that one too hard to type...well, you get the pic. But is life, real LIFE good? Mostly. Dave is working, I slept over three hours last night without pain. Deb visited yesterday and was delightful as always. Joyce called an uplifted me with her own unique brand of sunshine. And most of all, I am HIS. The God who knows me and loves me anyhow. So, for today, I am thankful for the little things. Like you.

2 comments:

Pat said...

No more needs to be said - in all things give thanks!
Beautiful post, and...WELCOME BACK!

Deb said...

...and Deb visited again today. What is up with that chick making herself to be such a nusaince in your life?!

You know what?! We are blessed that God has caused us to be friends. We are together for a purpose --there will be NO backing out now! ;)

huggles!