Saturday, January 31, 2009

What a day!

Today I am rejoicing. For the past two years I have been in and out of the hospital with my back. Numerous doctor visits, anxiety over finances, it's all been a daily part of my life. Yesterday my attorney emailed me with the news Worker's Comp has agreed to pay my medical bills related to my back...for the rest of my life. And to pay a monetary settlement for lost wages. I was in tears. Incredulous. Then last night when Mr. Insomnia was in full bloom, I read the Psalms. Ones of praise. Ones of faith. And the tears then were ones of joy for a Father who loves and cares for me in ways I could never imagine. I may never know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future. And He is my friend. And I am His. Today I am in awe of His kindness to me. Blessings to all....

4 comments:

Pat said...

I'm rejoicing with you!!! Praise the name of the Lord, He is good! Now for Mr. Insomnia...be gone in the name of Jesus!!

Dawna said...

Amen to that sister!! I'm thinking maybe I should change my point of view and see this as a time to think through things more?? It certainly has been a "different" time for me..oh, well, rolling with the punches here...

Margie said...

REJOICE I SAY REJOICE! God is so good!!

Maybe God woke you up to read His word, in preparation for the good news He had and continues to have in store for you!!!

blessings!!

Deb said...

He is faithful....never failing.

The insomnia is for a reason...

....maybe you're supposed to do something with that time...like learn to speak Japanese...

...it could happen.